NEW MEMBER INFORMATION PAGE
Welcome to Rancho Park Golf Club! We're happy to have you as a member and we look forward to seeing you at our events. This page was created in order to orient you with a few of the important club policies so that you hit the ground running.
POSTING OF SCORES
When you play in a club event, the club will post your score. When you make a tee time outside of a club event, it is your responsibility to post your own score - and do so immediately after the round.
We strongly encourage that you include your email address and phone number on your profile page. Club communications are strictly done via email. If there's a change in tournament status, or your tee time, you will be emailed this information. If we don't have your email address, you will be out of the loop.
* To sign up for a tournament, visit this page.
* The club will post your scores for any event that we organize. You are only responsible for posting scores for rounds that you organize yourself.
* There are no mulligans or gimmie putts in RPGC events. Finish everything.
* Check in at the volunteer table 20 minutes before your tee time. Failure to do so will result in a 2-stroke penalty.
* Failure to appear at a tournament without notification will result in the forfeiting of the player's fees and a $20 fine before you play in the next tournament.
* If you need to cancel, notify the Tournament Director via email 48 hours before the tournament for a full refund. If you cancel after the deadline, you will not receive a refund.
* Finally, please write the numbers on your scorecards in a clear manner. We know this sounds like a no brainer, but you would be amazed at how many scorecards we receive that are nearly undecipherable.
PACE OF PLAY POLICY
RPGC has the following Pace of Play regulation in effect:
If your group is more than a hole behind for more than one hole, each member of the group will receive a 2-stroke penalty. Continued infractions will lead to suspension from tournament play or, in extreme cases, expulsion from the club - which we have done in the past.
First offense: 2-stroke penalty.
Second offense: 2-stroke penalty and three tournament suspension.
Third offense: 2-stroke penalty and one year suspension.
All penalties are subject to full review by the Pace of Play Committee.
Unlike other clubs, RPGC takes handicapping very seriously. As such, we have invented what has become known as the Club Index.
The Club Index has been in force at RPGC since 2011. Prior to using it, the same members would win tournament after tournament. They would shoot 93, 94 and 97 in recreational, non-RPGC rounds, but then shoot 85, 85, 84 in RPGC tournament rounds. The Club Index serves to mitigate handicap manipulation by only taking into consideration scores within our tournaments.
The Club Index is derived from taking your lowest three of last six differentials played within club events. In the event that a player doesn't have six posted rounds of which to derive a Club Index, we use the following method:
- 1, 2 or 3 RPGC rounds played: Lowest single round will determine your Club Index
- 4 or 5 RPGC rounds played: Lowest two rounds will determine your Club Index
- No record of any rounds played in SCGA file: You will play as a zero.
- Have a valid index but playing in your first RPGC event: Play at 50% your handicap.
- If you don't have any RPGC tournaments in the last year, you will play as a zero (or 1/2 of your index if you have one with the SCGA).
- For regular tournaments, players play to their Current Index or Club Index (whichever is lower). For Major Tournaments, players play to their Low Index or Club Index (whichever is lower).
For more on RPGC's Handicap Policy, visit this page.
All refunds are paid via PayPal. If you don't have an account get one. It's quick, easy, secure and free. No check or cash refunds will be given, only PayPal.
To enter the skins game, pay the volunteer $20 in cash at the check-in table. Payouts will be made via Venmo only. Email Thor with your Venmo username. You have 90 days to collect your skins - NO EXCEPTIONS.
POSTING YOUR SCORE:
If you are playing in a club tournament, we will post your scores for you. If you are playing outside of a club event, post your scores on this page. There's also a GHIN app where you can post your scores using your phone. Click here for the iPhone app, click here for the Android app.
MAXIMUM SCORE ON ANY GIVEN HOLE
While you're playing, there is NO MAX score you can take on any hole. However, after the round and for posting purposes, the max score you can take on any given hole is a net double bogey. For example, let's say you're a five handicap and you're playing the 18th handicap hole, which is a par four. The maximum you could post for this hole is a score of six. You still write whatever score you actually took on your card, but when you go to post deduct any shots above net double bogey for any given hole.
SKINS vs SCRIP
Scrip prizes are awarded to players that finish within the top five gross or net in each flight, as well as to the players that earn a "Closest to the Pin" on each of the par threes. Scrip is not cash, but gift certificates that can be redeemed at the list of vendors we've partnered with. For more information, visit our scrip page.
Skins, on the other hand, are cash prizes awarded for having the best score on any given hole. It's important to know that skins are run by a private member and have no affiliation with the club. For more information, visit out skins page.
For more comprehensive information surrounding all the policies of RPGC, please take some time to navigate around the site. Everything you need to know can be found on one of the pages. If you have further questions, please direct them to the specific person in charge of that issue. The Officers page of the website is a great starting location if you need more information.
Thank you and, again, welcome to Rancho Park Golf Club!
-Thor Tandberg, President